Photos of Bicycle Motor Invention:

Photos of Bicycle Motor Invention:
First attempt to power assist :: Cord too short. ;)
Go to Blog Homepage Here

Here it is installed

Here it is installed
My Trek 850 with the Subaru/Robin 35cc Engine and Golden Eagle Bike Kit. 25-30 Mph. 160-200 mp'gallon.

Killing Me At The Pump : HaHa

Fill up the Golden Eagle Bike Engine with gasoline The only way to travel... on a sunny day. Fillerup with 32 Cents. Found a nickle on the ground so it actually only cost me 27 cents. Full throttle gives 26-28 miles per wee-little tank.

Gasoline for Bicycle Engine
Update: June 20, 2008 : 47 cents now to fill up...
Update: Oct 1, 2009 : 35 cents to fill up with premium.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Order Explained

I live in very hilly country. There are just as many ups as there are downs. To date, I've never needed assistance on the downs. However, the ups are felt quite lively in my knees.

THE ENGINE
In the mouth of two witnesses at Golden Eagle Bike Engines, I chose the 35cc Robin/Subaru Mini-4 Stroke EH035 Engine.
Click Here For Engine Info
This is a GASOLINE only engine fuel tank. It also has the power for the hills ~ which we'll be able to discuss soon from experience.

I got the gear that came with it and did NOT order the trail gear. I'll test out the standard in many terrains and properly report.

I also opted for a small metal adapter which is connected to the engine exhaust pipe. This is as close to a SILENCER as they have. They said they would invoice me for $5.00 since the adapter is not listed on their order form.

REAR WHEEL
My bicycle is a TREK 850 with front shocks. I have had it for 10 years maybe. It has sat there for three years or so with no friendly person to ride it. The roads in my area are 'spot and kill' types. Drivers spot you and go for the kill. So my exercise has become walking the farm fields with the dog.

The wheels on the bike are 32 spoke. Dennis said no no no. He said the aluminum spokes would not be able to handle the motors over 30cc. The Robin Engine is 35cc. So I accepted Dennis's genius and ordered the 36 STEEL SPOKE bicycle rear rim. It comes complete with the proper width'd BOLT/BEARING already assembled. I was going to order the bolt separate to replace my quick release. But after choosing this RIM, I did not have to order the bolt. Price difference?: $79 versus $24 after shipping.

By the way, it's raining. Friction drives would be slipping if I was riding. The Golden Eagle BELT drive is not suppose to. Simple mechanics Sir Watson. Even if it's raining cats and dogs, it shouldn't be affected by splashing through poodles.

No comments: