Photos of Bicycle Motor Invention:

Photos of Bicycle Motor Invention:
First attempt to power assist :: Cord too short. ;)
Go to Blog Homepage Here

Here it is installed

Here it is installed
My Trek 850 with the Subaru/Robin 35cc Engine and Golden Eagle Bike Kit. 25-30 Mph. 160-200 mp'gallon.

Killing Me At The Pump : HaHa

Fill up the Golden Eagle Bike Engine with gasoline The only way to travel... on a sunny day. Fillerup with 32 Cents. Found a nickle on the ground so it actually only cost me 27 cents. Full throttle gives 26-28 miles per wee-little tank.

Gasoline for Bicycle Engine
Update: June 20, 2008 : 47 cents now to fill up...
Update: Oct 1, 2009 : 35 cents to fill up with premium.

Monday, March 3, 2008

March 3 2008 : Spring is Near

We're closing in on Spring. Have just had a few small rides but preparing the bike for the bigger ones. I sure like the 200 miles a gallon of the Robin Engine. The Golden Eagle Bike Engine kit has held up very well over a cold winter. I had to keep the bicycle outside due to the engine smell indoors. However, it always started quickly regardless of the temperatures. Nothing broke with the kit parts - throttle, kill switch, spokes ring, cables or main gear belt. I am very pleased with this system. It has passed all tests wonderfully.

The only crack I had was in the plastic gear/belt shield. This shield can vibrate while riding due to engine, wind, or bumps. One bump cracked it at the connecting bolt section. Nothing major.

What I decided to do is use the soft side of the velcro strips I had. I placed them on the inside and edges of the shield. This silenced nearly all noise and bad vibration hinderances from the shield while riding. I'll add a photograph.

The time change comes March 9 so we'll have more light in the evening.

More soon.