Photos of Bicycle Motor Invention:

Photos of Bicycle Motor Invention:
First attempt to power assist :: Cord too short. ;)
Go to Blog Homepage Here

Here it is installed

Here it is installed
My Trek 850 with the Subaru/Robin 35cc Engine and Golden Eagle Bike Kit. 25-30 Mph. 160-200 mp'gallon.

Killing Me At The Pump : HaHa

Fill up the Golden Eagle Bike Engine with gasoline The only way to travel... on a sunny day. Fillerup with 32 Cents. Found a nickle on the ground so it actually only cost me 27 cents. Full throttle gives 26-28 miles per wee-little tank.

Gasoline for Bicycle Engine
Update: June 20, 2008 : 47 cents now to fill up...
Update: Oct 1, 2009 : 35 cents to fill up with premium.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Car Rack :: Front Light :: Mirror :: Lock

Yesterday I zoomed down to see a bit of the July 4th parade. Much easier to get in and out on bicycle.

Today I figured how to attach it to the car rack. Because of the engine, the bike is weighted less uniform. I decided to take the front wheel off because it hung just above the exhaust pipe and the heat could damage the tire.

This made the weight quite lopsided. I put the rack under the bicycle back-frame-V'ee instead of the middle cross bar. I also added an extra nylon rope that loops around the trunk for support and in case a strap were to break.

I'll have to come up with some type of motor cover. Originally I had the motor facing forward but two points made me reverse this and put the motor to the rear:
1. The back tire in front of the exhaust pipe was not good.
2. By reversing, (putting the back tire to the driver's side), the wind and yuk will blow at the protected side of the engine.

When I lock the bike to the car, I loop the cable through the Engine Drive Ring as well as the bicycle frame. The cable is secured to the car frame.

I'll try the 9 LED flashlight that easily bungees to the handlebar at night. Still pondering the best light system.

I got a $1.00 mirror from the car accessories section. Secured a big nail to it and poked it in the hole of my handlebar grips. It wedges. It is small and lightweight. We'll see...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting your experience with your GEBE kit! I am getting close to ordering the 32cc Tanaka.

Do you use that Ozark Trail bottle for fuel? Similar to the MSR fuel containers?